|A 13-year-old black boy (unaccompanied) presents with a 1-day history of testicular pain, which has become severe in the last 4 hours. No investigations have been done. The surgeons want to operate immediately.
- Discuss the issue of consent.
- What might be the differential diagnosis?
- What would you do if he was sickledex positive?
- How would you manage his pain?
- Describe the technique of caudal block.
- What are the postoperative considerations?
Critical incident: laryngospasm occurs in the above patient on extubation, and no help is available.
- What drug doses would be used?