|1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of giving local anaesthetic versus general anaesthetic for carotid endarterectomy?
2. During recovery following total abdominal hysterectomy, the patient appears to be confused, and turns out to be supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).
- What are the causes and management of SVT?
- When would you DC shock?
3. A patient develops a spinal abscess following spinal anaesthesia.
- Discuss the symptoms, signs, timing, risk factors and management.
- Whose responsibility is it to check for this?