|1. Discuss the sites of drug metabolism.
2. Discuss the cytochrome P450 enzyme system.
- Where in the liver are these enzymes located?
- Where are they located at a cellular level?
- Which of these enzymes are important in anaesthetics?
- What is Type 1 and Type 2 metabolism?
3. Describe first pass metabolism and the enterohepatic circulation of drugs.
4. Compare the formulations of thiopentone and propofol.
- How do thiopentone and propofol cause vasodilatation?
- Describe the effects and mechanisms of action of thiopentone and propofol on smooth muscle.
5. Which drugs decrease gastric acid section?