|An 8-year-old boy presents with a serious thigh wound. He ate a bag of crisps 2 hours prior to the fall. His parents are out of town.
- You are asked questions about fasting and anaesthesia.
- How long would you wait in this case before administering an anaesthetic and why?
- What is Gillick competency?
- What would be the boy’s estimated weight?
- Which type of anaesthesia would you use in this case?
- Which drug would you use?
- Which size of tube would you use?
- Explain the markings on the tube.
Aspiration and bronchospasm occur; how would you manage this situation?