|1. A 25-year-old female who is 12/40 weeks pregnant presents for an emergency appendicectomy.
- What would you do?
- What investigations would you carry out?
- How will the pregnancy affect your management?
- Would you perform aorto-caval compression?
- Would you perform a rapid sequence induction? How?
2. Critical incident: you are unable to intubate the patient and cannot ventilate her. What would you do?
3. What are the possible problems encountered by a patient who is paralysed and receiving intermittent positive pressure ventilation?
-Would you be concerned about awareness?
4. A 25-year-old male with chronic renal failure, on dialysis, presents for removal of impacted wisdom teeth.
- What are the clinical implications of chronic renal failure?
- How would you anaesthetise him?
- How would you minimise postoperative nausea and vomiting?