Neck section manikin: Asked questions about the cricoid cartilage, cricoid pressure, and how to perform a cricothyroidotomy.
You are shown some diagrams of a diathermy machine and asked questions relating to it.
You are shown a cut section through a spinal cord. Describe the blood supply, nerve tracts and functions.
Carry out an examination of the respiratory system.
Describe the anatomy of the base of the skull.
- What anatomical structures pass through the cribriform plate?
- Name some clinically related problems.
You are asked questions about a patient who has collapsed in hospital.
- You are asked about the ventricular fibrillation algorithm, etc.
7. Chest X-ray
You are asked to interpret a chest X-ray showing mitral stenosis and asked questions relating to it.
8. Simulator manikin
You are asked to carry out a cardiovascular examination and identify a systolic murmur.
- You are also asked to interpret an ECG showing left ventricular hypertrophy.
You are asked about the epidural syringe for latex allergy
- What problems are associated with insertion of this syringe?
- What are the complications of epidurals?
10. History taking
A pregnant lady presents for surgery; take a history related to pain relief.
11. Clinical measurement
You are shown three pictures showing techniques of oxygen measurement; compare these techniques and answer related questions.