- What are rotameters?
- How do you calibrate them?
- Why are there different rotameters for different gases?
- What are the problems/causes of inaccuracy associated with rotameters?
- What are the safety features in the anaesthetic machine to prevent the delivery of a hypoxic mixture?
- Discuss the pharmacokinetics/dynamics of remifentanil.
- What is context-sensitive half-life?
- What are the problems/advantages associated with use of this drug?
- When do you use it?
- Why should a patient not be given high-dose morphine initially?
3. Physiological changes associated with pregnancy
- What are the changes in the airway, breathing, circulation and coagulation in pregnancy?
- How would you manage a difficult airway in pregnancy?
- What problems might you encounter carrying out a nasal intubation in a pregnant woman?