|1. Discuss normal metabolism (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) and what happens during starvation for 24 hours and more.
2. What is the Valsalva manoeuvre?
- what does it test for?
- How is it performed?
- Describe a normal and abnormal response
- What condition mimics Valsalva during anaesthesia? (intermittent positive pressure ventilation; draw a graph of mean arterial pressure and heart rate changes)
3. What happens in the proximal convoluted tubule? (Na+, Cl-, HCO3-,glucose reabsorption)
– Describe glucose reabsorption in detail (tubular maximum etc)