|1. Discuss the physical principles underlying haemofiltration and haemodialysis.
- What are the qualities of an ideal membrane?
- What factors affect the amount of fluid you can remove from a patient?
- What else, besides metabolic toxin removal, can haemofiltration be used for?
- What are the complications of haemodialysis?
2. Describe the innervation of the inguinal area.
- How would you perform a block?
3. What are the physical properties of nitrous oxide?
- How is it made?
- What is the second gas effect?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using nitrous oxide?
4. Discuss the physiology of muscle contraction (including the interaction of actin and myosin).
- Discuss the incidence, genetics, features, and reasons for muscle features of myotonia.