|1. You see a 24-year-old woman with antenatal haemorrhage while in labour.
Discuss the causes and management.
2. You are presented with a case of acromegaly. Discuss the problems of airway management, postoperative care and other associated issues.
3. You see a patient who has undergone a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Discuss the issues regarding the use of pneumoperitoneum.
4. Discuss the causes and physiology of pneumothorax.
5. Discuss the mechanisms of action of the different classes of anti-hypertensive agents. What are their respective side-effects?
6. Describe the metabolic pathway of bilirubin and how this can lead to jaundice.
What investigations would you carry out?
7. Discuss the pathophysiology of pre- and post-hepatic causes of jaundice.
8. Discuss laminar/turbulent flow and its clinical relevance to anaesthesia.