1. A 25-year-old man who receives chronic peritoneal dialysis presents for wisdom teeth extraction.
- What problems would be expected?
- What type of dialysis is the patient likely to be on: continuous or intermittent?
- What type of anaemia is seen in chronic renal failure?
- What investigations would you carry out?
- How would you anaesthetise for wisdom teeth extraction?
- Describe the drugs and techniques you would use during the procedure.
2. A critical incident occurs: an ECG alarm goes off, and broad complex tachycardia are shown.
- Describe the management of ventricular tachycardia (VT).
- What are the possible causes of VT in this patient?
- How can these causes be eliminated?