Anesthesia and ischemic neurological disease- assessing brain function
1. How do you assess in the awake patient?
2. How do you assess during anesthesia?
3. Compare and contrast stump pressures vs. electroencephalogram vs. evoked potentials vs. ophthalmodynamometry vs. venous oxygen saturation.
4. What are causes of ineffectiveness of each one?
Ischemic hand following radial artery catheter placement
A patient has a pale, mottled hand in the same arm with a radial artery catheter in place.
1. How would you manage this?
Pediatrics- diaphragmatic hernia
A 3 kg newborn presents for repair.
1. What are your anesthetic considerations?
2. What is your ventilatory management?