1. Discuss how the body handles glucose during exercise.
2. You are given a basic blood gas profile (pH, pO2, pCO2).
- Explain each term and then draw a Davenport diagram to aid interpretation of this profile.
- What other values might the blood gas results yield?
3. Discuss the mechanisms for water balance in the body (include osmoreceptors, antidiuretic hormone, Henry–Gauer reflex and the renin–angiotensin–aldosterone mechanism).
4. What is a buffer?
5. What buffers are used in the body?
6. How would the body react to a bolus of acid?
7. Which is the first buffer that would be encountered?
8. What is the role of the kidney as a buffer?