– Describe the blood supply to the heart
– Discuss the pacemaker activity in the heart
– Describe the course of the vagus nerve, from the head to the abdomen
2. Peri-arrest arrhythmia
– Fast atrial fibrillation
– What are the risk factors for patients developing this condition?
– What drugs should be used?
– What DC shock energy levels should be used?
You are shown a series of pictures of possible nerve damage to the face while wearing a facemask. Describe the nerves involved.
4. Interpretation of forced expiratory volume graphs
You are asked 10 true/ false questions about restrictive lung disease.
5. History station
A 38-year-old woman presents for a total abdominal hysterectomy.
– Why might the woman be having the operation?
– What postoperative analgesia would you give?
6. Physical examination
You are asked to perform an examination of the cardiovascular system.
You are shown a diagram of a cross-section of a spinal cord, and asked to indicate the ascending and descending tracts.
– What would you see if you were examining gray matter under a microscope?
You are asked true/false questions on the Bland & Altman Plot used to compare two different ways of measuring blood pressure.
– Define humidity
– What units is it measured in?
– Describe some methods of humidification
You are shown an ECG showing supraventricular tachycardia.
– What are the risk factors for developing this condition?
– What treatment would you give?
11. History station
Take a history from a 60-year-old man presenting for removal of a mole.
How would you convince a needle-phobic Afro-Caribbean patient undergoing arthroscopy of the knee for sickle cell testing?
You are asked about ECG interference and differential amplifiers.
14. Comparison of two laryngoscope blades
You are asked to identify two laryngoscope blades (Macintosh and Robertshaw).
– Give four uses for Magill forceps
15. How to position a patient for spinal anaesthesia
– Choose which spinal needle to use and explain why
– What should you do in the event of severe hypotension while performing a spinal anaesthesia?
16. Chest X-ray
You are shown a chest X-ray of interstitial fibrosis and are asked 10 true/false questions.