- What is a Regnault's hygrometer?
- Where is it used and what is it used for?
2. Coronary circulation
Describe the course of the vagus nerve.
- What do you understand by the term "earth"?
- You are shown a list of electrical symbols and asked to identify them
4. History taking
a. Take a history from a patient with a family history of malignant hyperthermia.
b. Take a history from a patient who may have had suxamethonium apnoea following a previous operation.
5. Resuscitation of a pregnant woman
- You are asked to identify the rhythm (shows ventricular fibrillation)
- You are asked to fill in boxes concerning the management of this patient
6. Data Interpretation
- Head CT: Describe the radiological findings
- ECG: Describe the condition shown
7. Data Interpretation
You are asked about the measurement of blood gased for hypothermia and carbon mnoxide (CO) poisoning .
8. Machine check
Check a Bain circuit which is faulty.
9. Intubation drill
Explain the intubation drill to a novice anaesthetist.
- Examine the chest of a patient with chronic obstructive airways disease
- What precautions would you take when anaesthetising this patient?