1. History taking
Take a history from an elderly gentleman presenting for carotid endarterectomy with reflux and ischaemic heart disease.
2. History taking
Take a history from a man presenting for septoplasty with significant sleep apnoea and reflux disease.
Talk to an anxious patient in theatre reception who is unhappy about use of the mask for preoxygenation.
You are shown an angiogram of the heart.
- Describe the course of the vagus nerve
Describe the anatomy of the antecubital fossa and nerve blocks which may be performed at the elbow and wrist.
Answer a question on the regression coefficient.
You are shown an ECG of a patient in atrial flutter.
- Answer the associated questions
You are shown a chest X-ray of a child who has inhaled a peanut.
- Describe the radiographic findings
9. Machine check
You are shown a Bain circuit.
- Answer the questions relating to the bag falling off
You are shown a praecordial monoauricular stethoscope and asked about its uses.
You are shown a Bourdon gauge.
- Answer the questions concerning whether it can act as a contents gauge for N2O
- Describe basic life support for a child
- List five causes and treatment of electromechanical dissociation (PEA)
- What are their principles of action?
- Describe safety aspects and give examples
- AVPU (Alert, Verbal, Painful, Unresponsive), Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) and pupils
- Management of head injury