– Discuss laminar and turbulent flow profiles. Draw a diagram of each.
– Discuss the Hagen–Poiseuille equation. Why is it clinically relevant?
– Discuss the use of flowmeters and rotameters.
– How can you decrease the work of breathing using knowledge of flow?
– Classify the various types of vaporiser.
– How do they work?
– What is the concentration of vapour leaving the vaporising chamber?
– How are vaporisers affected by altitude?
3. Arterial lines
– Discuss arterial traces (including damped/resonant).
– What is Fourier analysis?
– What is bandwidth?