1. Oxygen carriage
– How is oxygen carried in the blood?
– Draw a diagram showing the relationship between oxygen content and pO2.
– Re-label the following graph, which shows SaO2/pO2, and mark the significant points.
– What causes the slope of the graph to shift to the right/left?
– What causes movement of the venous point?
2. How does the body respond to an acute rise in blood pressure?
– Discuss this in further detail.
3. Describe in detail the endocrine component of the stress response to surgery.